Friday, April 11, 2014

Ascending and Descending

I honestly didn't think that I could rock climb up to the church especially with no ropes.  I asked our guide Aria if anyone had ever fallen.  His response was "Not until now." Yikes, what did that mean!  I commented that old people in the village must not be able to come to this church.  He said, "They come, every Saturday, every Sunday they come." I gulped.  "You can do it Carrie you can" he repeated over and over. "Slowly, Carrie , are you Ok Carrie you can Carrie, good Carrie" I want to have Aria with me always he is so gently reassuring and caring; he would be an awesome counselor.  OK aria says I can do it.  I am climbing up to pray in one of the oldest churches in all of Christendom surely God will protect me! and as I looked up I saw the young priest climbing the rock like a gazelle.  Brian took of picture of it. I felt they grace of God pour into into my soul and fill me with peace and motivation to continue the pilgrimage.  Please look again at that photo.  I believe that the priest is enveloped by the grace of the Holy Spirit.  I am sure that Brian and I were too or we never would have made it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment